Tuesday 28 July 2009

new music (goddammit)

Ah Greek summer and its ways. Sticky, Greek summer and that sense of rejection to anything that could classify you as a human being.
Not much music being made either.
So I went to Roskilde festival a few weeks ago. And I saw bands such as Black Dice and Marnie Stern, Deerhoof and St. Vincent. That and the four semi-sleepless nights at that place made me want to change that summer-misery.
So new music, yes. New music for the winter and all that.

Oh, and Marnie Stern (whose gig I went to watch out of pure boredom) fucking blew my mind. That gig was like a big, drunken mess orchestrated by two goddesses (Stern's bassist Malia James is probably the hottest woman I've seen on stage, thank you) which slowly proceeded to fall into place. And then it ended with a ten-minute (?) weird jam session (?) that made me grind my teeth. Perfect.
So, yeah, new music. In the oven.

3 comments:

  1. so what about the ambient ep?
    and what about the "2nd" ep?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! Listen to you manager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahhahah tora to eida!!! I <3 Femeref

    ReplyDelete